Thursday, January 22, 2009

Google Adds YouTube Videos To Gmail Chat -

read more at InformationWeek:
"Google (NSDQ: GOOG) decided that opening another window on your desktop to view a YouTube video required too much effort. Solution? Video viewing capabilities are now a standard Gmail Chat feature.

Tack on another feature to the growing list of 'I Can Do That' abilities in Google's Gmail.

Software engineer Jessan Hutchison-Quillian posted a blurb on The Official Gmail Blog late last night. Hutchison-Quillian says, 'My friends always hate it when I multitask in other tabs while chatting with them (they can tell because of my obviously delayed reactions...). But sometimes it's not my fault: if they send me a link to a YouTube video, I have to open another tab in order to watch it.'"

No comments: