Monday, January 05, 2009

How big is Wal-Mart: Some staggering facts

read more at Wholesale Shopping Gems

"Here are some facts about Wal-Mart as verified from Snopes.com:

1. At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute! 5.8133333% margin
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot Kroger Target Sears Costco K-Mart combined
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer. And most can't speak English
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years
8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy (including Winn-Dixie)
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world
10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago
11. This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing transactions will occur at a Wal-Mart store. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of guy who loves to seek revolutionary things. Right now I am constructing my private pv panels. I am doing it all by myself without the help of my men. I'm using the net as the only path to acheive that. I discovered a very amazing website which explains how to make pv panels and so on. The website explains all the steps required to solar panel construction.

I'm not really sure bout how precise the information given there is. If some guys over here who had experience with these works can have a peak and give your feedback in the thread it will be grand and I would extremely treasure it, cause I extremely take an interest in solar panel construction.

Thanks for reading this. U guys rock.

Anonymous said...

hi there friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that meticulous brand. The prices seeking the sneakers were around 300 pounds everwhere. But for all I found this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hello fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that particular model. The prices as regards the velcros were approximately 230 dollars on every site. But finally I set this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what can you tell me about these?